- 2½ cups uncooked noodles
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup shredded Swiss, or sharp cheddar, cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, optional
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms, optional
- 6- or 12-oz. can tuna, depending on how much you like tuna
- 10 ¾-oz. can cream of mushroom soup (or celery soup) (or 1 serving homemade cream of mushroom soup)
- half a soup can of water
- 1 cup frozen peas
1. Mix the uncooked noodles, salt, onions, cheese, and almonds and mushrooms if you wish, in your slow cooker with a large wooden spoon.
2. Use a safety can opener to open the cans of tuna and cream of mushroom soup. Use a rubber spatula to carefully scrape their contents into the slow cooker. Stir together gently.
3. Then fill up half of the empty soup can with water. Add the water to the tuna mixture.
4. Gently stir again until everything is well mixed.
5. Cover your slow cooker. Cook on High for 2-3 hours, or on Low for 4-6 hours.
6. You will need to stir the Casserole every hour or so. Set the timer to remind yourself. Make sure to use a potholder to take off the lid.
7. Twenty minutes before the end of the cooking time, use your potholder to remove the slow cooker lid. Stir in the peas. If you cooked the Casserole on High heat, turn it to Low heat at this point.
8. Cook the Casserole for 20 more minutes, and then it’s time to eat!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love more from our new CrockPot Girls Recipe Collection. We have over 500+ recipes in an easy download and print out format for you!
No more searching tons of different websites for different recipes, dozens of bookmarks, etc.
We’ve brought together the best of the best and most delicious crockpot recipes, tried, and tested by our community! Click here to get my copy today!