- 1/2 cup either low-fat mayonnaise or olive oil mayonniase
- 1 package low-fat cream cheese
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (you can roast your own, or you can buy them in a can)
- 1 whole can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed savory or sweet peppers (banana peppers, etc)
- Toasted bread medallions, tiny rye bread slices, and cut up vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup grated Romano Cheese
In a food processor, combine Romano cheese, mayo, cream cheese, and garlic cloves. Pulse until mixture is smooth, and spoon into the crock pot. Add the peppers and artichokes and stir. Cover and cook on low for 1-1 1/2 hours.
Spread dip over bread, or scoop up with veggies. Endive leaves would be tasty, too.
Nutritionally, you save yourself a lot of fat and calories by using low-fat mayo and cream cheese. Romano is a little higher fat that Parmesan, which is what the original recipe called for, but not by much. The artichokes have “good fats” in them, and you can always use less cheese and more veggies if you want. If you don’t want the added sweetness of the mixed peppers you could add pickled jalapenos or fresh jalapenos to spice things up a bit.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love more from our new CrockPot Girls Recipe Collection. We have over 500+ recipes in an easy download and print out format for you!
No more searching tons of different websites for different recipes, dozens of bookmarks, etc.
We’ve brought together the best of the best and most delicious crockpot recipes, tried, and tested by our community! Click here to get my copy today!